Skip to Content
- 1 lb stew beef
- 2 Tbsp. Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 1 small yellow onion, diced
- 4 cups boiling water
- 1 Tbsp. salt
- 1 Tbsp. lemon juice
- 1 Tbsp. sugar
- 1 Tbsp. Worcestershire sauce
- 1⁄2 tsp. pepper
- 1 1⁄2 tsp paprika
- 1 dash allspice
- 1 dash clove
- 6 carrots, peeled and cut into chunks
- 6 potatoes, peeled and cut into chunks
- 1⁄2 cup cold water
- 2 Tbsp. corn starch
- Heat olive oil in a large stock pot over medium high heat.
- Add beef cubes and brown, stirring occasionally, about 15-20 minutes.
- Add onions, boiling water, salt, lemon juice, sugar, Worcestershire sauce, pepper, paprika, allspice and cloves.
- Simmer, tightly covered, for about 2 hours, stirring occasionally.
- Add vegetables and simmer another 30 minutes (covered), or until tender.
- To thicken add cornstarch and water to a shaker cup, shake well.
- Add mixture to soup and stir until thickened.
- Simmer another 5 or 10 minutes.
Recipe Card powered by